What is the New Home Sales report? The New Home Sales report shows the number of newly constructed homes with a committed sale each month. The level of sales indicates housing market trends and housing demand, while the supply serves as a clue to the level of housing pressure.
What’s happened recently? The Commerce Department reported that New Home Sales in May jumped nearly 3 percent from April to an annual rate of 610,000, above the 599,000 expected. Sales were up nearly 9 percent from May 2016, with May being the second highest month recorded for 2017.
What’s the bottom line? A tight inventory supply of just 4.6 months pushed the median new home sale price to a record high. It remains to be seen if builders can meet demand as lack of skilled labor, cost of building materials and limited buildable lots challenge construction.
- Why Credit Cards Shouldn’t Retire With You - August 3, 2017
- How can we help with your mortgage? Here are 2 examples: - July 25, 2017
- New Home Sales surge in May, pushing median home prices higher - July 25, 2017
- Home Sales in Bloom - July 25, 2017
- A Reverse Mortgage can be helpful when Seniors seek a divorce - July 25, 2017
- Divorce and Your Home - March 3, 2017
- No Cost Mortgage Loans – Fact or Fiction? - February 24, 2017
- Can you buy your dream home with no money down? - August 23, 2016
- Homeownership Satisfies Family Needs - November 30, 2015
- Mortgage Approval Before You Start Your Home Search - November 23, 2015